This year's Valuation Expo will be the 15th anniversary of the conference. We thought a fun way to give back would be to offer Buzz subscribers a chance to win a free pass. We know how creative our readers are so we have come up with a series of contests that we would love your participation in. We have three separate contests for you to enter and you could win a free pass to this year's conference. Please review all contest rules before sending in your submission.
1. Appraisal Industry Cartoon
In order to win a free pass in this contest you must design a cartoon or comic strip about the appraisal industry. Ability to draw is not a requirement but you will be judged on the overall concept and humor of the strip. These submissions can be one square or have multiple panels. You can draw out the comic and fax it in to us or scan it and email it in. Feel free to use online comic strip creators or generators and send us the link.
2. Online Video
Let us know in a funny or creative way why you should win free tickets to Valuation Expo 2014 and record it. You can create a song, perform an interpretive dance, or put on a short skit (no more than 5 minutes). You can also make a video about what it is like to be an appraiser. Videos must be uploaded online to YouTube, Vimeo, or another video sharing site. Then email us the link. If you want to create a shorter video or series of videos you can use Instagram or Vine and tag "Appraisal Buzz" in your post.
3. Write a Poem
You can win a pass in this contest by writing a poem about the current state of the appraisal industry. It can be in any format. You can write a haiku, limerick, sonnet, or any other form of poem you would like. Type your entry into a word document and email it in to us.
When sending in your submissions please follow the rules. We want to make sure we receive all the submissions in the proper format. We will not accept any submissions that have crude, foul, or defamatory language or content. The deadline to make your submission is noon EST April 1st, 2014. We will review the submissions and announce our first contest winners and publish their winning entries in our Appraisal Buzz newsletter.
The winners of each contest will get a free Full Conference Pass. That is 14 hours of Continuing Education for free plus access to the trade show floor, opening ceremony, and lunch on both days. We can't wait to see your entries!
Have any questions or would you like to find out more about the contests? Email email@example.com. See below for full contest rules.
2014 Valuation Expo April Foolery Contest Rules
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions must include your Full Name and phone number. We will call to notify the winners.
- You may submit all three types of entry but you can only win one free pass per person.
- By submitting your entries in this contest you are giving the Appraisal Buzz permission to republish your work in our publication.
- Winning submissions whose authors are unable to attend can choose to attend Valuation Expo 2015 in place of accepting a pass to Valuation Expo 2014.
- No monetary value may be substituted for contest winning Valuation Expo Passes.
- Failure to comply with submission criteria could void your submission.
Please use the subject line "Valuation Expo April Foolery Contest" in all emails to email@example.com.
- Submissions created using a digital comic strip generator must email firstname.lastname@example.org and include author's name and number as well as a complete link to their digital comic strip.
- Submissions that are hand drawn can be scanned into pdf format and emailed to email@example.com and include authors name and number.
- Submissions that are hand drawn can also be faxed to (443) 859 8217. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that your fax has been received.
- Submissions can be up to 2 pages.
Online Video Submission
- Submissions must be posted online through a video sharing site. Once they are posted online please email email@example.com and include author's name and number as well as complete link to online video.
- Submissions posted through Instagram or Vine must tag Appraisal Buzz in their post. Author's must also email firstname.lastname@example.org and include their user name, full name, and phone number.
- Online video submissions can be up to 5 minutes.
Appraisal Poem Submission
- Submissions must be typed in a word document. The file must be attached to an email addressed to email@example.com and include author's name and phone number.
- Submissions can be up to 300 words.